My top 12 Linkin Park songs

It's one week since we lost Chester Bennington and three weeks ago since I saw their last concert in Birmingham.  It is weird to feel the loss of someone I never met, and couldn't understand it when people got upset when celebrities died, but with Chester it is different.  He bared so much of his soul in his music, his fans felt like they knew him.

There is not a Linkin Park song I don't like, but here are my top 12.

1. Iridescent (A Thousand Suns)

I discovered Linkin Park through this song, and the lyrics really mean a lot to me.


2. Heavy (ft. Kiiara) (One More Light)

This song divided fans, but I love it.  Classic Linkin Park lyrics which I completely relate to.



3. Papercut (Hybrid Theory)

Great lyrics, and excellent harmonies between Chester and Mike.



4. Numb (Meteora)

Lyrics which I'm sure hit anyone who has ever experienced depression.



5. One More Light (One More Light)

Sends shivers down your spine seeing Chester perform this live.



6. In The End (Hybrid Theory)

This song rightly boosted Hybrid Theory to become the fastest selling debut album of the 21st century.  Saw LP perform them at Download 2014, my favourite ever gig I've attended.



7. Leave Out All The Rest (Minutes to Midnight)

The song I would like played at my funeral. 

When my time comesForget the wrong that I've doneHelp me leave behind some reasons to be missedAnd don't resent meAnd when you're feeling emptyKeep me in your memoryLeave out all the rest
8. Guilty All The Same (ft. Rakim) (The Hunting Party)

A change from Living Things with a kick-ass riff and drum line.


9. Bleed It Out (Minutes to Midnight)

A great song for LP to finish with at their gigs.  Really gets the crowd going.




10. Castle of Glass (Living Things)

Probably not high on my list of LP albums, but a few classic tracks on it.


11. The Catalyst (A Thousand Suns)

Great lyrics

God bless us everyoneWe're a broken people living under loaded gunAnd it can't be outfoughtIt can't be outdoneIt can't outmatchedIt can't be outrunNo



12. One Step Closer (Hybrid Theory)

Such raw emotion in this track



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - Going well

My top 10 albums of 2017 and the year in music

My top 10 albums of 2016