Slow road to recovery

Was discharged a week ago from hospital after the 2nd part of my ALIF, which involved a posterior operation to add screws from the other side of the ALIF last month.

The operation went well and I was out of hospital the following day.  The subsequent pain was more than I expected, perhaps because I had such an easy ride after the previous operation I thought this would be the same.

Most of the pain is in my right leg, even though most the pain before the operations was in the left leg.  I am hoping it is just the result of inflammation around the operation error causing pressure on the nerves and it will reduce in the coming weeks.  I am able to walk okay, but it can be painful sitting down or bending.

Anyhow, I'm staying optimistic.  It is early days before I need to start worrying that the operation may not have been 100% successful in reducing the pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 10 albums of 2017 and the year in music

Week 6 - Going well

My top 10 albums of 2016